Saturday 19 January 2008

Ancient Cuff

Here is my first bead embroidered cuff!!!! this is the reason why I bought the book "The Art of Bead Embroidery" by Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafini!!! I always wanted to make nice chunky beaded cuffs and didn't know how :-) and, again thanks to this gorgeous easy-to-follow book, now I do!!!

When I first finished this cuff, I wasn't quite sure about it... I think in my mind I saw it differently... and found it a bit challenging to begin with.... so I put it away for a few days, and looked at it with fresh eyes and now I'm very pleased with it.... and as soon as I finish my Bronze Embroidered Collar (am not sure of the name yet), can't wait to start another one!!! Stay tuned! :-)

For more information see:
Ancient Cuff

7 comments:

  1. Really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's beautiful! I bought this book too, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful - I have the book but haven't yet tried bead embroidery - soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Triz - I just put this cuff in a Treasury:

    http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=25132

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your beadwork is fabulous! I've been wanting to make a cuff, too. You may have inspired me!

    Also, I'm adding you to my Google Reader which means that you will be linked on my Push my Buttons page.

    Cheers from Boston! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've told you I admired this one before, but it really is special!

    ReplyDelete