Tuesday 24 February 2009

Stepping Stones - Bead-embroidered collar

Well, here it is the piece I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.... After a few false starts I finally settled down and stuck to one idea and carried it through to the end. I was so petrified of not getting this piece right because I was using one of Lisa Peters' Art's beautiful ceramic cabochons and I really didn't want to mess it up!!! hence all the starting, unpicking, cutting up... but I am pleased with the result and doubly pleased that Lisa liked it!!! :-)

Stepping Stones

Lisa is a fellow member of the Bead Art Originals and she makes the most beautiful ceramic beads, buttons and cabochons. If you are not familiar with her work, you must check her out!!! http://lisa-petersart.blogspot.com/

I am the proud owner of quite a few of her pieces (and have some on the way).... Between wanting to do her pieces justice and selfishly wanting to keep them all to myself so I can look and touch them (they are sooo gorgeous) I've been reluctant to use them.... hopefully I've gotten over that little mind obstacle and you should be seeing quite a few of my future pieces incorporating these gorgeous ceramic treasures! :-)

If you are interested in finding out more about the materials used for this piece and the measurements, please click on the picture or here.

For now, I'm off to play with my new keyboard.... at the age of almost 42 I decided to take up piano lessons and I'm loving it!!!! and I'm one of those people that when they start something new they need to get all the equipment! :-) of course a piano was out of the questions (too expensive) but a keyboard, that I'm sure my son will end up using as much as me, didn't break the bank, so 2 days ago I went and got one! :-) and I'm so glad I did, and by practicing a couple of hours every day I have already seen an amazing improvement... my piano teacher will be so impressed and surprised! :-)

Wishing everyone a great day and happy beading! :-)

19 comments:

  1. Okay Gal, you have officially out-done yourself...this piece is breathtakingly gorgeous...must be the air over there in the Mediterranean...lol...truly inspired...:))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know when you have time for everything. The piece is just stunning, and I know from experience, pianos take practice - I guess like any instrument. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace is magnificent and the center piece is a real eye-catcher! You must've spent hours on this one?
    btw, one is never too old to try something new! Hope you enjoy playing the piano. It is a wonderful instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triz, this is gorgeous and the more impressive because you shared bits of the process with us. I love how took Lisa piece and created something so beautiful.

    And you are right about her (Lisa's) work. I found something in her shop that spoke to me--yelled, actually, when I saw it on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. the completed piece is exquisite.. and good luck with your new interest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out gorgeous! You absolutely did the cab justice. I love the color and texture of the collar. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning, Triz! The colour and texture of the collar work perfectly with the gorgeous focal cab. You needn't have worried about being able to do it justice - I'm convinced you can't put a foot wrong ;-)

    Best of luck with your new hobby! I've always wanted to learn piano :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you all!!! i'm really glad you all like it and thank you re: piano, it's so much fun, i cannot wait for my next lesson!!! :-) never, ever too old to learn something new!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've told you what I think of this astonishing creation, Triz, so I won't dwell on that any more...PIANO!!! I am so jealous. I have no musical abilities whatsoever and so admire those who do.

    And I know exactly what you mean about Lisa's pieces...I have so many of them and I'm torn between fear of not doing them justice and just not wanting to share as well ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have no musical abilities either, which is why i'm going to lessons... i have no idea how to read music, and see the notes as tiny beads on threads... it's not helping my playing, but it keeps it interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a talented artist! This is beyond gorgeous. I enjoy a lot here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't find the words to express how beautiful this necklace is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow, Triz! The collar you created to go with that piece is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your collar is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your collar is stunning, I have to say I just love your work. Way to go on the keyboard lessons, its never to late to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It turned out absolutely to die for gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete