Thursday 17 April 2008

Purple Flower - Part 2

All going well :-) finished beading it (# 1), cut it and attached it to the ultrasuede (# 2)... all good... :-) I start beadweaving a band to make the loop to attach the flower to the crocheted rope.... and again!!! confusion and uncertainty!!! I actually quite like the effect the beadwoven band (# 3) has against the flower... so now I don't know what to do!!! :-) and that is how my next project started :-) so I'm going to sleep on it for a couple of nights before I make a decision and of course whichever I decide will then only create the next dilemma... to fringe or not to fringe? :-)

1. 2. 3.


Ok, so if any of you feel like giving me your tuppence worth on wether you prefer the white crochet rope or the lilac-ish beadwoven band, please feel free to do so by leaving me a comment... I will take all suggestions into consideration, because truthfully I like them both, but really, REALLY don't feel like making two of them :-) so help me decide!!! :-)


If you missed the first part of Purple Flowers please go to Part 1


I'm not sure how much beading and blogging I will be able to do this next week as my son is home from kindergarten all week!!! :-) It's Pesach (Passover) starting Saturday night. Most people hate this festival, mainly because of the dietary laws during this week (no bread, no pasta, no rice, no yummy food basically) but I actually love it (except of the food problems). I love it because it's spring and Israel just looks, smells and feels amazing. The weather is perfect, bright skies, lots of sunshine, longer days, no humidity, warm but not hot.... but most of all I love it because I was born on the 7th day of Pesach, so it's my Jewish birthday, and although I decided (last year) that I would no longer celebrate my birthdays, in an effort to forget how old I am and therefore not care (I'll let you know how that works out in a few years ;-D), I still really like the feeling of this festival. I'll be going to my sister for Seder night, so am looking forward to a nice relaxed evening with her, her husband and my gorgeous nephews and niece!!! :-) My parents flew to Italy, so it's weird becasue I think this is the first time ever that I haven't seen them around pesach and I'm jealous I want to go to Italy!!! :-) and my other sister is staying put in London with her hubby and her 2 little girls. I miss them!!! :-) I haven't even seen my latest niece, who is only a few months old... hopefully I'll be able to go to London after the summer... I hope so, would like to see my nieces before they go off to university :-) + my son is driving me nuts because he wants to see grandma and grandpa and wants to go on the aeroplane again :-) and then wants to take the train to Paris to see Nonna (my grandma who is 96!!!).... I think he thinks of all transport as the car... just another way to get somewhere :-) my little jet-setting almost 4 year old :-)


Ok so I rambled a bit.... I told you... I'm not the mood to bead :-(


Wishing everyone who celebrates Pesach, a peaceful, happy and kosher one!!! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Hi !
    You've been doing some serious beading lately !
    About this purple flower piece, I would definitely choose the beadwoven band, and let the crochet rope aside for another project.
    I think the flat design of the beadwoven band just works better with the flower : it's not overwhelming, not too dimensional, so the eyes are not exceedingly drawn to the band.
    It would give the piece a more sleek-looking feel, whereas the crocheted rope may give it a more casual look.
    Well, that's just a few thoughts...I'm sure you'll find your own way after a good night sleep or two !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the purple is the correct choice for this. Nice job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieces are gorgeous! My grandmother used to do beading, but nothing as avant garde as yours. Are they broaches or belt buckles or decorations or something else?

    Happy Pesach. I've never really minded it but I tend to be more loose with my interpretations of what's allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of your new beautiful piece! I would choose the purple band.
    Happy Pessach! :)

    Smadar

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pieces. Thank you for leaving a comment on my site. It's alot of work to keep up so I appreciate positive feedback. We have the same interests, I loved Memoirs of a Giesha and Chocolat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triz ~ I love your purple flower! I hope I haven't missed its debut somewhere in our ring (is it finished?). I had a purple "kick" a few weeks back and made a paisley out of purple peacock pearls (that's not easy to say). When I was done, I ran into the "to fringe, or not to fringe" dilemma. Since the paisley laid differently depending on the angle, I opted to make it a brooch and exclude any fringe - that way the wearer could fasten it any way they wished. I have a photo of it on my Flickr site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/highdesertbeadscapes/

    Can't wait to see your finished flower. Take care! Linda

    ReplyDelete