Tuesday 1 July 2008

Purple Flower - Finally finished!!! :-)

I started this piece in around April , and although the actual flower was finished and the necklace part started, I just could not get my head around finishing it. I seriously had a mental block against beading the band in herringbone stitch, but finally this week-end I literally hid in my bedroom and put my mind to finishing it... and am so glad I did!!! finally!!!! :-) I am terrible.... I get bored so easily!!! so the prospect of beading not one but 2 plain long bands was just more than I could take! :-) but once I put my mind to it, I really got into it, of course I was in front of the telly catching up with all the programs I missed during the week... and the next thing I know.... it's actually finally finished!!! :-) I have to say.... this piece looks so amazing on!!! I must find a model for it.... my 6' something houseguest is a bit too hairy to carry it off :-) + am not sure he would do it anyway ;-) but in the meantime.... here it is!!!!

purple flower 01 copy


purple flower 03 copy

Click on the links below to see previous posts of this piece in progress:
Purple Flower - Part 1
Purple Flower - Part 2

Today I'm teaching, and tomorrow is my son's 4th birthday, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to add this piece to my etsy shop.... but soon :-) In the meantime.... let me know what you think :-)

Happy beading everyone! :-)

I added this piece to my shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13349847

23 comments:

  1. Triz - this is amazing!! Your herringbone band is the perfect finishing touch.

    I get bored easily too, so I have a dozen or so unfinished projects lying about.

    Happy Birthday to your son! *<:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soooo beautiful, I love the colors.

    Have fun teaching and say Happy 4th Brithday to your son :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece...sometimes I have to leave things and go back as well...have fun with your son on his birthday...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is so beautiful. I can well appreciate the amount of time and love that goes into a work of art like this necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's lovely. Nice work, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always. I tried to do herringbone but failed. It shows how in my book but I can't understand it. I have been looking for a video on Youtube. You would have laughed if you'd been watching my attempts! I am going to keep at, I am determined to master this. Happy Birthday to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the width of the band-- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That color is beautiful and your work is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that piece is amazing!!!
    At times I love the "sameness" of a stitch,at others I get bored!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Triz it is beautiful - I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Triz... you made another masterpiece... great design and wonderful colors... I love it tooooooooo much!!!
    Happy birthday to Ethan... hope you will have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful piece! Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is "Wow!" The intricacy of your work is outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning as always! I love the design and colors!

    Smadar

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!
    ...permission to place a link at my site
    http://gypsy-artscrafts.blogspot.com
    ...thanks for sharing your genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, beautiful;your work is so stunning and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I take a day off from the net and see what happens :-) thank you all for your comments!!! and for your birthday wishes to my son!!! cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are very talented. This piece is beautiful. This is my first visit... I'll have to come back and view more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow this is gorgeous...one of my favorite color...love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such a beautiful piece Triz.
    I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you so much! lately i'm in a lilac/purple sort of mood ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. this one is awesome! :)
    All your works are beautiful! I hope I have the patience to do such wonderful things. :)

    ReplyDelete