Sunday 26 October 2008

Turquoise Delight Cuff

Yeahhh!!! I cleaned the table!!!! :-) it took me exactly 4 hours!!!! so no beading today... but at least now I have some room to bead!!! :-)

As promised here is Turquoise Delight Cuff - I was inspired to do this after having finished the Sherry Serafini necklace that I posted earlier.  As it happens, turquoise and bronze is one of my favourite colour combinations.... and seeing that I had loads of turquoise beads left over it was a given that I would make something with them... and here is that something! :-)

In my mind I knew exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but it took me a while to get the result I was looking for.  First I tried to bead embroider the cuff part... but that didn't look right...  then I tried a different version of that ... and although I really like how it looks and I will probably make something else with it (eventually).... it just didn't work!!! the cuff part just didn't want to curve and I didn't have a suitable clasp nor could I think of how to make one... so discarded that idea.... then I tried to weave a peyote band to attach to the centrepiece.... even worse!!!

 

 

DSCN5202DSCN5203 DSCN5204

But that gave me the idea, which I did use, to peyote stitch a band in the bronze Japanese seed beads and to attach it to to ultrasuede, sandwiching a brass cuff in between the beading and the ultrasuede to give it substance. Finally something I knew would work!!! It took about a week of working it all out but I got there in the end!!! :-)

Why am a telling you this? to show you what goes into designing a piece and how upsetting and annoying it is to have someone copy your design without a second thought to how much work it took to get there!!!

Nicole Campanella, over at Beadwright, is still taking in comments regarding bead ethics... pop over there and leave your tuppence worth! ;-)
http://beadwright.blogspot.com/2008/10/what-is-beadwork-ethics-do-you-know.html

I'm really pleased with how it turned out!!! It looks amazing on!!!! I might have to make a similar one for myself, seeing that this is my favourite colour combination and I actually don't have a bracelet in these colours. :-)
Till the next time.... happy beading!!!

21 comments:

  1. it turned out wonderful! but how on earth do you stay in business, since all the planning, beading, attaching, and marketing is just one side of the equation... you haven't even looked at material costs!

    I've seen some great shows with beadweaving on Native American and western wear. I just love it! I have to decide if I want to learn something new, and take the time. Hope this doesn't sound like a rant - it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as usual -- exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triz - I LOVE this cuff - wonderful color combination. When I saw it I knew I was going to include it in my next treasury and the theme would be turquoise. I enjoyed reading your working process to complete this cuff.

    I am recovering from a computer crash - what a mess but I am back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the prettiest cuff I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cuff is gorgeous and I think it's wonderful that you shared the process. Yes, beading is a pleasure, but it's also work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. One of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I JUST put your bracelet/cuff on my Etsy-mini on my blog last night!!!..GORGEOUS!!!! Brilliante!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply gorgeous. Worth all the effort. I hope it sells fast for you!

    I understand the working-thorugh-it stage. I recently worked for three days on a sea glass set, literally fitting it together on a bust display, just to make sure it would hang right when done. Best wishes to you on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's EXQUISITE- that picture of the table looks like how I scrapbook- needless to say I am hooked on digital scrapbooking on the computer to avoid the clean ups...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cuff is simply stunning Triz...you are truly an artist!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another masterpiece Triz... simply adorable!!! great color combo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's just an incredibly beautiful cuff! What a wonderful compliment to the necklace you just finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good day. I feel like you requested the Board. I also zkoušela našívat beads, but wearing the-bone tender. "I want to work with a simple yarns nymo." you can Please advise me where I'm doing?
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete