Monday 9 February 2009

New Piece (sneak preview) + BAO Items of the Week

sneak preview

Yesterday I started working on a new bead-embroidered piece using one of Lisa Peters' gorgeous cabochons.  I've had this beautiful piece for a while, but was a bit intimidated using it, for fear of not doing it justice....  it's soooo gorgeous!!! :-)

I figured, if I don't like the piece I can always cut it up and try again... so I brave it and started it, and here is how far I  got.  The cabochon is rather large and was thinking of using it on its own... but why do things simply, so I challenged myself to make a collar with it... obviously inspired by the swirls in the cabochon I started beading swirls around some tiny Swarovski flat-back crystals... so far I'm really happy with the result and can't wait to get back to beading it!!!! let's see how it develops, as right now I have almost no idea! :-)

 

And here are this week's BAO's gorgeous Items of the Week:

bao item of the week

Silly me, forgot that I had already featured this item a few weeks ago... but never mind, in case you missed it then, here is your chance to purchase my Turquoise Delight Cuff  between now and the 15th February with 5% off + free shipping to anywhere in the world!!! :-)

 

 

Please visit the BAO and check out all the amazing bead artists that belong to this group and be sure to check out the Items of the Week and see what specials are being offered this week:
http://beadartoriginals.blogspot.com/

Come back soon and see how my new bead-embroidered piece develops!!! for now, I'm off to my very first piano lesson!!! should be fun! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final piece, it is already beautiful, I'm sure you're going to make it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suspense is killing me! I can't wait!
    Its going to be beautiful Triz, all your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing your work in process - gives me a feel on what you're doing. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who is all thumbs when it comes to this kind of beading I enjoy it when you show works in progress...I look forward to seeing the finished piece...I know it will be stunning!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooo I can hardly wait. This promises to be perfection :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous, Triz! Having gone through the process of trying to design something "worthy" of Lisa's art myself, I know just what you're experiencing. The collar idea sounds wonderful, and it looks as if you're off to a great start.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!!!! I'm so jealous that you can create like this!

    ReplyDelete