Tuesday 15 April 2008

Water Progress - none / NEW Purple Flower - Work in Progress - part 1

OK.... I just can't come up with anything for the Water piece and I really like it, so I don't want to mess it up by rushing it... it has now joined 2 previous bead embroidered pieces that I like but have not figured out what to do with yet.... so rather than pull my hair out, I decided to leave it and start something else.

In my efforts to advance with this piece I started playing around with making different chains in turquoise and white.... and one of them, a white crocheted one I really liked but not for the Water piece, so it inspired me to start a new piece using shades of purple/lilac beads and white, which I rarely use but summer is coming and what better than crisp white clothes!!! I have to mention that yesterday it was about 37-38 degrees Centigrade here, so crispy white is all I could think of to mentally try and stay cool :-)
1. 2. 3.
By now it was getting really late at night... I managed to keep my eyes open long enough to glue all the components down... and then went to bed exhausted but exited for the morning to come so that I can start beading on this piece :-)

4. 5. 6.

Morning has come and I like it!!! a lot!!! :-) which makes it an excellent morning :-)

Then I start beading round the petals.... mental note to myself: I hate the repetitiveness of beading the same thing over and over again.... next time reduce number of petals :-)

7. 8. 9.
Come back in a few days and hopefully :-) this will be finished :-) no, I mean it!!! it will be finished!!!! :-)
Happy beading everyone! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a serious flair for design. I LOVE your work. I especially love the colors in this Water piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so Lone Beader :-) and thank you boutique!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is awesome - I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are perfect!! It looks grat, can't wait to see it finished :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Jean and PinkPooch!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've always wondered how you bezel around something. i recently got a bunch of sterling silver 2x2 beads from Stones and Findings (they let me buy in bulk!)and they're working great. I think I've tried stitching simple seed beads with them and they look fabulous! i was wondering if they would look nice on a bezel stitch? or do you think it'd be too hard?

    ReplyDelete