Monday 6 April 2009

BAO Items of the Week

bao item of the week Here are this week's Bead Art Originals Items of the Week.

My item this week is the Let My People Go - Collar.  I chose this piece for this week because Wednesday marks the 1st day of Pesach (Passover) and this piece was inspired by that story.

Pesach commemorates the departure of the nation of Israel from Egypt. It marks the birth of the Jewish people as a nation led by Moses over 3000 years ago.  It is as much a celebration of our spiritual freedom as it is the physical liberation from slavery.

I was born on the 7th day of Passover, because of this my parents gave me the middle name Miriam (sister of Moses). I’ve always felt a strong connection to the history of this festival. The Jewish people spent over 200 years in Egypt and this piece is inspired by the jewellery and colours of those times.

This piece was created and won the EtsyBeadWeavers' November Ancestral Expressions Challenge.

Purchase and pay for this piece between now and the 12th April and receive 5% off + free shipping to anywhere in the world!

Visit the BAO Blog and see all these beautiful items and the special offers attached to them. http://beadartoriginals.blogspot.com/

Wishing everyone a happy Pesach!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Each time I look at your fantastic jewelry I wonder how can art hide itself in these tiny beads. How can anyone comment properly on such a faultless collar? I know I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning collar Triz...representing such heartfelt emotions which are obvious when I look at the collar!!!!!!

    Happy Pesach to you!

    Cheers
    PS...hope your migraines are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty necklace! And the colors are so warming.

    ReplyDelete