Thursday 15 April 2010

Ode to Miriam

A few weeks ago, during the Passover holiday, I did something I don’t usually do…. I ventured out of my flat…. with my son and a box of beads… took the train and travelled down south to visit my dear friend Miriam of Cielo Design! My son was so excited to go on the train…. I was so excited to go and bead with Miriam!!!! :-)

Miriam met us at the train station near her village and drove us back to her house. As soon as we got there, Ethan went off with her son ( who he had not met before) and I proceeded to follow Miriam around her bead world! Once I was able to pick my jaw up off the floor… I cannot put into words how absolutely incredible her beadwork is!!!…. she handed me a bead mat and we sat opposite each other at her dining table where we began to bead!!!! Miriam was working on her Bead Dreams entry (and it is absolutely spectacular) and whilst beading she taught me a couple of techniques I had seen her use that I absolutely LOVE!!!

Here is the first piece I made using one of those techniques, a flat spiral weave chain which complemented one of my beadembroidered centrepieces perfectly!!!… and of course I had to appropriately title it:

Ode to Miriam

Ode to Miriam Necklace 02 copyOde to Miriam Necklace 03 copy

This is such a beautiful and elegant chain and so quick and easy to stitch!!! Thank you so much Miriam for teaching it to me!!!

Sadly I was only there for 4 hours, although it felt like 20 minutes! I had so much fun, Ethan had so much fun! Miriam had to go to work, and we had to get home :-( As soon as we can manage it again I will have to take another trip down south!

Here is one of my favourite pieces Miriam made using that technique:

Celestial Ocean Necklace by Cielo Design

Visit her shop and her blog to see some truly STUNNING beadwork!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is almost too flattering for my own good!!! :D Thank you my darling, and the pleasure was all mine!! I had the best time and can't wait to do it again,- considering the fact that we talk on the phone almost every day, we really should meet more!! Ethan is lovely!!!! And it was a rare pleasure to have a beading date with a gifted beader,- I couldn't get over how easy it was to teach Triz!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderfull job, very laborious, so so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that chain is incredable.. I wish I could make one like that. And bouth your necklases is breathtaking. When I look at your work I feel like a real beginner.. I have so much more to learn. I dont see when I would have the time to learn it all! Is there some way I could learn to make this chain?
    Kind regards
    Kim
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LadyNayana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Triz these are just beautiful. So glad you were able to get out to visit and bead.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. These necklaces are totally stunning. Beautiful! regards Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day. Both your necklaces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work! You are a master! That turquoise necklace is a real treasure, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!! I really enjoyed poking about your blog! Thank you for following mine..Aryd'ell

    ReplyDelete