Tuesday 17 August 2010

Queen Boudicca

“…So the Queen Boadicea, standing loftily charioted,
Brandishing in her hand a dart and rolling glances lioness-like,
Yell'd and shriek'd between her daughters in her fierce volubility….”

From “Boadicea” by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Boudicca (also known as Boadicea) was the warrior Queen of the Celtic Iceni tribe; a patriotic Briton, a heroine, a woman and a leader who stood her ground against foreign invasion.

This necklace was created for the next Bead Art Originals Colour Inspiration – Black, dark green & copper with Boudicca as inspiration for the beginning of September. The necklace was created around a fellow Bead Art Original member’s (Lisa Peters Art) cabochon.

Queen Boudicca – OOAK Necklace

Boudicca - Necklace 04 copy

Boudicca - Necklace 03 copy

I’m so in love with this necklace!!! and I’m so reluctant to part with it!!! it looks soooo good on me!!! and it’s just so me!!! I wish I had another same shape cab from Lisa Peters Art and I would make myself another one in a heartbeat… but alas, Lisa’s work is OOAK (I have to ask her if she has any similar cabs in the same shape)….

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is, well, it's so warrior woman gorgeous!

    If Lisa doesn't have another one in this shape...I might (and I can be bribed into parting with it by a good friend for such a worthy cause ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Triz this is one of your best ever!!!! I don't think I could part with it either.
    Ourstanding!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete