Thursday 24 January 2013

Tribal Dance – take 2

Remember my post not long ago about a soutache piece, Tribal Dance, where after I had finished it and taken photos the beads peeled?  Well, I was so upset about it (and still am) and I wanted to make another piece using the same colours… and this is what came out:


Tribal Dance Necklace Brown 03

Tribal Dance Necklace Brown 02

Although it didn’t come out anything like the first one… I love this one just as much if not even more!!! Really happy with how it turned out and how it looks on!!!

I’m really loving this soutache technique!!! Still learning… and trying out different things with it…. but am definitely loving it!!!

And now… back to the beading table!!! have a wonderful weekend!!!

26 comments:

  1. It looks like a tribal mask, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as good if not better than the first one. Beautiful. I too like the Soutache and sell the cording. I am having a lot of trouble with my hands so it is slow moving for me.
    Love seeing you blogging again.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I'm also quite slow with this technique, but I found that if I take it slower the soutache lays better and crinkles less :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That was my first impression and can't think of anything better to say just Wow! I love ethnic pieces, and this is just.....Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours, of course for me you are and will be one of the greatest bead embroidery gurus ;D one of my favoourites ;) So good luck with the soutache and combining it with bead embroidery :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Very kind of you Gutukas! :-)

      Delete
  5. Triz, I dont think I have ever seen anything you made that I didn't like. And like all your work, this is gorgeous. I love how the discs layer at the center and textures and color is wonderful. Maybe I have to try soutache...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha!!! and I feel the same about your beautiful work!! Of course you have to try soutache!!! Trying new techniques expands design possibilities.

      Delete
  6. Preciosa creación, muy bonita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triz, although you used this very trendy technique, you manage to design something unique that has your own touch in it, and it's so beautiful!!! I love the shape and colors you used, and also the name you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. complimenti questa collana é stupenda , brava se ti va passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao Patrizia!
    This necklace is absolutely amazing! Wow!
    I'm in love with the colour palette you've created, so unpredictable and harmonious.
    Bra-vo! ;-)
    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete